Serve these bright orange candied fruits with Lincoln restaurant pastry chef Richard Capizzi's Ricotta-Filled Chocolate Cannoli.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 8 to 10 kumquats, thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed
- Fill a small saucepan with 1 cup water and add sugar; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Add orange juice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add kumquats; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer kumquats to an airtight container and pour over half of the liquid; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Return remaining liquid to low heat until thickened; reserve for garnishing plate.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.