Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Use very ripe bananas for moist cookies with lots of banana flavor.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
Yield Makes about 16 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 very ripe banana, slightly mashed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or line 2 baking sheets.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Mix in the banana and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Drop by the tablespoons onto the baking sheet, spacing dough an inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove to cooling racks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.