Grilled Pizza with Fontina and Arugula
Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 pounds store-bought pizza dough (thawed if frozen)
- 1 pound fontina cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush a rimmed baking sheet
with 1 tablespoon oil. Using your hands, stretch dough into
a 10-by-12-inch rectangle on baking sheet. Lightly brush top
of dough with remaining tablespoon oil. Fold in half.
- Gently transfer dough to grill, and unfold to lay flat. Cover,
and grill until underside is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Using
a pizza peel or wide spatula, flip crust. Top with cheese. Cover,
and grill until bottom of pizza is golden brown and cheese
melts, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Season with salt and pepper.
Top with arugula, and drizzle with oil. Cut into squares.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.