Martha Stewart shares her recipe for a wurst sandwich.
The Martha Stewart Show, March Winter 2009
- 1 weisswurst or bauernwurst sausage (about 3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices rye or whole-wheat bread, sliced thinly and toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Prick wurst with a fork all over; transfer to a small skillet over medium-high heat, along with olive oil and 1/4 cup water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Uncover and cook until water has evaporated and wurst is browned, turning occasionally, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove wurst from skillet and slice in half lengthwise. Spread one slice of bread with mustard, and top with sausage. Spread second slice of bread with horseradish and cover sandwich. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.