Open-Faced Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Eli Zabar, owner of The Vinegar Factory in New York City, believes that with only a few fresh ingredients, you can achieve a full-flavored sandwich. This is one of Eli's favorite recipes.
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- Yield Makes 3 open-faced sandwiches
- 3 slices organic bread, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tomato, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese, cut into triangles
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast the bread rounds in a toaster oven.
- Place cheddar cheese on top of bread rounds. Toast them in oven until cheese has melted.
- Top cheese with tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.