S'more, Please Sundae
You don't need a campfire to make ice cream s'mores-a broiler is just fine. Melt marshmallows and chocolate bars on graham crackers. Top one marshmallow-covered cracker with chocolate ice cream. Layer with a chocolate-covered cracker, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, another marshmallow-covered cracker, and a ladling of hot fudge.
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer 2003
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 3 milk chocolate bars (1 1/2 ounces each)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot Fudge Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/282783/hot-fudge-sauce)
- Heat broiler. Break graham crackers into squares, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Layer chocolate over a third of the graham-cracker squares; cover the remaining graham-cracker squares with marshmallows. Place under the broiler, and toast until chocolate is just melted and marshmallows are lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from oven, and while still warm, transfer a marshmallow-covered cracker to each serving dish. Add a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Top chocolate ice cream with a chocolate-covered cracker, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top vanilla ice cream with another marshmallow-covered cracker, and drizzle with hot fudge sauce. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.