Game Day Fish House Punch
Don't get pulled away from the big game to play host -- prepare a batch of fish house punch from Lawrence Green of Minetta Tavern before guests arrive.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 1 3/4 cups demerara sugar
- 4 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (750 mL) bottles aged rum, preferably Old New Orleans
- 1/2 (750 mL) bottle Cognac VS
- 1/2 (1 liter) bottle whiskey, preferably Jack Daniels
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons peach schnapps or brandy
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons apple juice
- 10 dashes Peychaud bitters
- Large ice cubes, for serving
- Lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring 1 3/4 cups water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer sugar mixture to a large container. Add 8 1/2 cups water, lemon juice, rum, Cognac, whiskey, peach brandy, apple juice, and bitters; stir to combine. Add a large block of ice. Let stand in a cool place for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve punch in rocks glasses over ice; garnish with a lemon slice if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.