Northern European Breakfast
While not so common in the United States, this dish is a classic morning staple in parts of Europe. Red-pepper jelly adds a delicate sweetness. Feel free to swap in your favorite cheese.
Body+Soul, May 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces nitrate-free deli ham
- 2 slices turkey breast
- 2 ounces cheese, such as Gouda, havarti, or Gruyere
- 5 to 6 ounces sliced dark bread, such as pumpernickel
- 2 ounces grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons red-pepper jelly
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs and run under cold water until cool. Peel and halve.
- Arrange eggs, ham, turkey, cheese, bread, mustard, and jelly on a dish.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.