Close encounters of the sweet kind are coming soon to a kitchen near you. Though you might expect frosted cupcakes to have sugary personalities, don't be fooled. These desserts have a dark side!
Martha Stewart Kids, Fall 2005
- One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes (http://www.marthastewart.com/282243/one-bowl-chocolate-cupcakes)
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream for Cupcakes (http://www.marthastewart.com/254870/swiss-meringue-buttercream-for-cupcakes)
- Prepare chocolate cupcakes according to recipe. Cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make buttercream.
- To decorate, use a medium round tip (such as Ateco #12) to pipe a mound of buttercream in the center of cupcake, then outline and pipe a brain design over it.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.