Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with Green Sprinkles
Green sprinkles add a festive touch to these fudgy chocolate brownies, adapted from the "Martha Stewart Baking Handbook."
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Green sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking sheet. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on the two long sides. Set aside. Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water; stir frequently until chocolate and butter are melted, about 7 minutes. Remove bowl from heat; let cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with an offset spatula; scatter green sprinkles over top. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan. Using parchment paper, lift brownies out of pan and onto the rack. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into 2-inch squares. Brownies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.