Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos
This flavorful steak taco recipe from actress Eva Longoria's book "Eva's Kitchen" makes an authentic Mexican entree or appetizer.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- Canola oil, for grilling
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- Coarse salt
- 12 homemade or store-bought Corn Tortillas (http://www.marthastewart.com/343858/corn-tortillas)
- Chunky Guacamole with Serrano Peppers (http://www.marthastewart.com/343859/chunky-guacamole-with-serrano-peppers)
- Lightly oil a grill pan and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Rub chili powder on both sides of steak and season generously with salt. Place steak on grill pan and cook, turning once, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a comal or cast-iron griddle over medium heat. Heat tortillas on comal, 1 or 2 at a time. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm while you warm remaining tortillas.
- Holding a sharp knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across the grain into thin strips. Place a warmed tortilla on work surface; top with 2 or 3 strips of steak and a generous spoonful of guacamole. Repeat process with remaining steak, tortillas, and guacamole; serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.