This cool summer punch can be made a day ahead and refrigerated; just leave out the seltzer until you're ready to serve.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 honeydew melon, seeded, peeled, cut lengthwise into thirds, and sliced thinly crosswise (4 cups)
- 1 bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, well-chilled
- 1 can (12 ounces) or (1 1/2 cups) seltzer or club soda
- Ice cubes, for serving
- In a large bowl or pitcher combine brandy and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes; stir to dissolve sugar. Add fruit and wine to brandy mixture; stir. Just before serving, add seltzer, and stir again. Serve over ice.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.