Kielbasa Bites with Grainy-Mustard Potato Salad
Links of Polish sausage are grilled to highlight their garlicky flavor. Sliced into small pieces, they contrast nicely with buttery Yukon gold potatoes with a light coating of grainy-mustard vinaigrette.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 12
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold or new potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup safflower oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds kielbasa, halved lengthwise
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt. Return to a boil; cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain; immediately toss with oil, vinegar, mustard, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; season with pepper. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes. Stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to high. Brush grates with oil. Grill kielbasa until heated through and charred, about 3 minutes per side. Cut crosswise on the bias into 2-inch pieces. Serve with potato salad.
Storage: Potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.