Green Beans with Lemon Butter
Try substituting green beans with haricots verts or wax beans in this recipe, depending on what's available at the market.
Martha Stewart Living, July Summer 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pint green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fill a medium (3-quart) saucepan three-quarters full of cold water. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil. Add salt and beans. Cook until water returns to a boil and beans are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Immediately return beans to saucepan. Add butter and zest. Toss; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.