Martha Stewart Living, June 2008
Yield Makes one 9-inch crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal, preferably medium-ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Pulse flour, cornmeal, salt, and sugar in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until dough just begins to hold together (no longer than 30 seconds).
- Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days). (Dough can be frozen for up to 1 month; thaw in the refrigerator before using.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.