Warm Tomato Pasta Salad
Named for their hearty taste, these large, meaty tomatoes are great sliced on sandwiches or burgers.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 6
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 5 cups diced beefsteak tomatoes, (2 pounds)
- 2 cups diced fresh mozzarella, (3/4 pound)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions; drain.
- In a large bowl, toss warm pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella, onion, olive oil, parsley, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.