Tex-Mex Chopped Salad
At a tailgate, kids can load up on this Tex-Mex chopped salad.
Martha Stewart Kids, Spring 2002
- 1 15-ounce can black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (about 4 ears or 1 ten-ounce package frozen)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce (about 1/4 head)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped plum tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1 cup finely chopped Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, lettuce, tomato, and cheese; toss well to combine. Add lime juice and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss again to combine. Serve, or cover and refrigerate.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.