Carrot-Cake Mini Cupcakes
These irresistible carrot-cake mini cupcakes are simple to make and are sure to please everyone's sweet tooth.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2007
Yield Makes 42 mini cupcakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- <u>Maple Cream Cheese Frosting</u>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 42 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners; set aside.
- Beat sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until well combined.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add three-quarters of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture; mix until well combined. Add carrots and raisins to remaining flour mixture; toss to combine. Stir into batter until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 2 teaspoons batter. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool. Let cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.