The sweetened fresh citrus juice that is used in limeade is a natural mixer. Just stir in cachaca, the sugarcane-based brandy that goes into a caipirinha, Brazil's answer to the margarita.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2008
- 4 limes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 cups fresh lime juice, strained (from about 16 limes)
- 1 1/2 cups cachaca (or white rum)
- Muddle lime wedges and sugar with a wooden spoon in a pitcher. Add lime juice and cachaca, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Divide limeade among ice-filled glasses. (Or cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.