Coconut Crepes with Fresh Mangoes
Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons, freshly grated or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin wedges, for serving
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with several layers of paper towels; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, superfine sugar, cardamom, and salt. Whisk in flour, coconut, and whole milk.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Using a paper towel, rub inside of skillet with a thin coating of butter. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of pan, tilting and swirling to evenly coat bottom with a thin layer; pour any excess batter back into bowl.
- Cook until crepe is golden on bottom and top is almost dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip crepe, and cook until golden, about 30 seconds. Invert crepe onto prepared baking sheet, and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter, rubbing pan with more butter before making each crepe.
- Brush butter over tops of warm crepes. Place a few slices of mango on each. Fold, or roll crepes to enclose. Place on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with any remaining mango slices on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.