For best results, use the highest-quality balsamic you can find.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine vinegar and garlic in a small, wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil until thick, syrupy, and reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Stir in rosemary.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, heavy skillet with an oven-proof handle over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in skillet skin side down, and sear until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter, and pour off excess fat. Return chicken to pan, skin side up.
- Transfer pan to oven, and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 180 degrees. 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn on broiler. Brush chicken with reduced balsamic mixture. Place chicken in broiler until glaze is bubbly, 1 to 3 minutes. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.