Roasted Chicken Salad
Use a store-bought roasted chicken to save time. To take this salad on a picnic, pack it in an airtight container and keep it fresh in a cooler.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 3 ounces), broken in half lengthwise
- 1 whole roasted chicken (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 8 scallions, white and light-green parts only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, strings removed and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces lady apples (about 4), or Fuji apples (about 2 medium), cored and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 5 tablespoons golden or dark raisins
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- <u>Sour Cream Dressing</u>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely.
- Pull chicken from the bone; discard bones, and cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl; add scallions, celery, apples, raisins, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing; toss to combine. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.