Make this gravy with our salt-and-pepper grilled turkey.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
- 4 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Neck and giblets from Salt-and-Pepper Grilled Turkey (http://www.marthastewart.com/256495/salt-and-pepper-grilled-turkey)
- Pan drippings from Salt-and-Pepper Grilled Turkey (http://www.marthastewart.com/256495/salt-and-pepper-grilled-turkey)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (optional), hard-cooked and coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring stock, water, and turkey neck and giblets to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat, and gently simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a clear measuring cup or a gravy separator, and let stand until separated, about 10 minutes. Pour off fat.
- Pour broth and giblets through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Return broth to pan, add defatted drippings, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place flour in a heatproof bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in 1/2 cup boiling-hot broth mixture until it forms a paste. Whisk paste into remaining broth in pan, and boil for 3 minutes. Stir in eggs if desired, and season with salt and pepper.
Gravy can be refrigerated airtight for up to 3 days; reheat before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.