Broiled Polenta Slices
Serve broiled polenta slices with sauteed mushrooms or your favorite chunky tomato sauce.
Everyday Food, March 2005
- Olive oil
- Soft Polenta (http://www.marthastewart.com/260686/soft-polenta)
- Brush an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan lightly with olive oil. Pour hot soft polenta into pan; smooth top.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm to the touch, about 3 hours (or up to 3 days, covered with plastic).
- Heat broiler. Invert polenta onto a cutting board; slice 1/2 inch thick. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Arrange slices in a single layer; brush 1 teaspoon oil over tops.
- Broil 4 inches from heat, without turning, until golden and browning in spots, 20 to 25 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.