- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Using a chef's knife (or food processor) finely chop almonds, garlic, and herbs. Stir (or blend) in oil and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate, up to 1 day.) Stir in vinegar just before serving.
Feel free to include any type of soft green herb, such as oregano, chives, and mint. You can also substitute pistachios, walnuts, or pine nuts for the almonds.