Shrimp Pasta Salad with Cucumber and Dill
Forget deli-style pasta salad, and try this version with shrimp and a bright lemon dressing. You can even make it up to a day ahead.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound large shell pasta
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on (if desired)
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Add shrimp, and cook just until opaque throughout, about 30 seconds. Drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a bowl; toss with cucumber and dill. In another bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to pasta mixture, and toss to combine.
To keep the texture and flavor of this salad at its vibrant best, toss the pasta mixture and dressing together right before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.