Asian Chicken Salad with Bok Choy
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt
- 4 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or 2 teaspoons soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced crosswise
- 3 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise (1 cup)
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a large pot, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil; add bok choy. Cover, and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain, and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and cayenne. Add chicken, snow peas, and shallots; toss to combine. Top chicken mixture with mint, and serve alongside bok choy.
Saving the chicken: To store, pull meat from bones, keeping chicken breasts whole and tearing dark meat into bite-size pieces (discard skin and bones). Refrigerate in separate airtight containers for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.