To cook the beets, you can either boil them in salted water, or wrap them in aluminum foil and roast in a 400 degrees oven until tender.
- 1 large red beet, cooked, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow beet, cooked, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt, (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
- Place cooked beets in two separate bowls (one for the red, the other for the yellow). In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil. Add caraway seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Divide vinaigrette between beets. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.