- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spanish saffron
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, saffron, and onion, and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until reduced to one-third of the original volume. Remove from heat, and stir in mustard, sugar, and lemon zest and juice. Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor or blender, and, with the motor running, slowly drizzle in oil until mixture is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.