Martha Stewart Living, December 2005
- 32 pitted dates (about 10 ounces)
- 2 ounces shelled, salted whole pistachios
- 2 ounces dried apricots, cut into 32 strips
- 1 pound lean best-quality bacon, thinly sliced and then halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stuff each date with 3 or 4 pistachios. Lay a stuffed date and apricot strip on top of each bacon slice; wrap to enclose. If not using immediately, freeze up to 1 month.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes, flipping each wrapped date after 8 minutes. If frozen, bake at 400 degrees.for 10 minutes; flip, and bake 10 minutes more. Transfer wrapped dates to paper towels to drain. Serve with toothpicks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.