Romaine, Celery, and Parmesan Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 to 10 celery stalks, strings removed, sliced crosswise very thinly
- 12 to 14 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves
- 2 1/2-ounce chunk Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the olive oil and vinegar, and mix well with a fork. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add the celery to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Remove celery with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add the lettuce and parsley. Toss to coat with dressing. Arrange the greens on a platter, and top with celery. Using a vegetable peeler, or a paring knife, scrape the cheese to make thin sheets and layer them over the celery. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.