Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli
Everyday Food, November 2009
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup vermicelli pasta, broken into short pieces if long
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 5 cups Easy Turkey Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/281649/easy-turkey-stock)
- Coarse salt
- In a 6-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add vermicelli and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice and cook until translucent, 2 minutes.
- Add stock and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.