Chef Chris Bianco likes earthy royal trumpet mushrooms (Diamond Organics), but you can use any variety.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- 1 pound mushrooms, preferably royal trumpet, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices
- 3 ounces 1/4-inch-thick pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch-by-1-inch pieces
- 4 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed, or 2 green garlic, thinly sliced crosswise
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 3 stems fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon julienned lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spread mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with pancetta, bay leaves, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and rosemary. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown around edges, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon off excess fat. Add wine and stir. Roast until wine has almost evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Toss with parsley and zest. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.