Oysters with Festive Mignonette
Look for oysters with tightly sealed shells; discard any that are open.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1996/1997
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen fresh oysters
- In a small bowl, combine peppercorns, fennel seed, vinegars, and salt.
- Shuck oysters just before serving; arrange on bed of crushed ice. Drizzle with mignonette, or serve on the side. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.