Wheat Germ Pancakes
Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix is available at health-food stores.
- 1 1/2 cups Arrowhead Mills multigrain pancake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, water, egg, oats, wheat germ, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and oil, until well combined. Stir in banana.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour batter 1/2 cup at a time into pan, cook until golden brown and set, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip pancake and cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with butter and syrup and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.