- 5 pounds yellow squash, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. Dividing evenly, combine squash and garlic on two rimmed baking sheets; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until browned, 55 to 60 minutes; cool on sheets.
- Transfer squash mixture to a large bowl (discard any burned garlic); add parsley, lemon juice, and remaining tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss.
Refrigerate salad, covered, up to 1 day (drain off liquid before serving).