Curly Endive, Persimmon, and Apple Salad
Try this refreshing curly endive, persimmon, and apple salad from Alice Waters.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, plus more if necessary
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small heads curly endive, tender inside leaves only, washed well and spun dry
- 1 medium tart apple, quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced
- In a salad bowl, combine shallot, vinegars, and a pinch of salt.
- Peel and slice persimmons into 1/4-inch wedges. Whisk oil into shallot-and-vinegar mixture, and taste for acidity, adjusting as necessary. Add persimmon slices, lightly season with salt and pepper, and toss. Add endive and apples. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.