Atlanta chef Scott Peacock provides a buttery corn muffin recipe that's guaranteed to please.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for muffin tins and serving
- 1 1/2 cups white cornmeal, finely ground
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Sorghum molasses or honey, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Generously butter a standard 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in 2 1/4 cups buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth; batter should be loose and pourable. If not, whisk in additional 1/4 cup buttermilk.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and transfer to oven. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 20 minutes. Immediately turn muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Place softened butter on a small plate and drizzle with molasses or honey; serve with warm muffins.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.