Truck Stop Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe has been adapted from "HomeBaking --Sweet and Savory Traditions From Around the World" by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid.
- Yield Makes 12 large rolls
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted unsalted butter, plus more for baking sheet
- Cinnamon Roll Dough Cinnamon Roll Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/255963/cinnamon-roll-dough), risen and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups brown or granulated sugar
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet; set aside. Pull risen dough away from sides of bowl, and transfer to work surface. Flatten into a 24-inch square. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and then sugar. Drizzle with oil. Roll up like a jelly roll, enclosing filling. Cut crosswise into 12 slices.
- Arrange the rolls on prepared baking sheet, leaving 1/2-inch between them. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in upper third. Bake rolls until golden brown and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Best eaten immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.