Glazed Carrots with Ginger and Jalapeno
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds baby carrots, greens trimmed but left intact
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring water, butter, honey, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add carrots, ginger, and jalapeno. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer carrots and pan juices to a serving dish, and toss with parsley. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.