Avocado Canapes Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- 10 pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, seeded, and very thinly sliced lengthwise (about 20 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Chop nuts; set aside.
- Arrange five 8-by-8-inch sheets plastic wrap on work surface. Be sure they are smooth and free of wrinkles.
- In a small bowl, stir together pine nuts, goat cheese, and red bell pepper; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place 4 overlapping slices of avocado on each piece of plastic wrap. Combine lime juice and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl; brush mixture on avocado. Working with one avocado portion, top with 1 tablespoon goat cheese mixture; bring together corners of plastic wrap, and twist tightly, shaping the avocado into a ball. Continue to twist until plastic wrap breaks, releasing canape. Repeat with remaining avocado.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.