Dirty Green Simple Buttercream
- 1 1/2 pounds (6 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red and green food coloring
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Begin beating on low speed, increasing to high for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Using food coloring, tint the icing dirty green.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.