- 1 1/2 pounds Red Bliss potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 ounces Danish blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 8 bacon strips, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- Place potatoes and the salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until a knife pierces through potatoes with little resistance, about 12 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Halve potatoes.
- Meanwhile, mix blue cheese, buttermilk, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl until well combined.
- Combine potatoes, dressing, chives, and almost all of the bacon in a large bowl. Garnish with blue cheese, chives, and remaining bacon.
To ensure maximum flavor, toss potatoes with dressing while they're still warm.