Martha Stewart Living
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Freshly grated zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray; line with parchment, and spray parchment.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, vanilla, zest, and salt. Beat until pale and smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in baking powder and oats. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drop batter by the teaspoon, 3 inches apart, onto prepared sheets. Press each into a round with the back of a spoon. Bake until golden, about 9 minutes. Transfer cookies (still on parchment) to wire racks to cool completely. Carefully remove from parchment with a spatula. Cookies can be stored up to 2 days at room temperature in airtight containers.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.