Lemon-Herb Marinated Chicken
The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) chicken, backbone removed and butterflied
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish or a resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, zest, juice, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour marinade over chicken; turn to coat. Let marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to 24.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.