Balsamic, Caper, and Anchovy Marinade
Any white-flesh fish will readily take on bolder flavors, such as those in this rich balsamic mixture brightened by fresh red onion, salted capers, aromatic parsley, and pungent anchovies.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- Yield Makes enough for 24 ounces fish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovies, rinsed well and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl. Use marinade immediately.
This marinade works best with 1-inch-thick halibut or other firm, white-flesh fish fillets. Marinate the fish for 2 hours, and then bake in and baste with the marinade in a 350-degree oven.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.