- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovies, rinsed well and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl. Use marinade immediately.
This marinade works best with 1-inch-thick halibut or other firm, white-flesh fish fillets. Marinate the fish for 2 hours, and then bake in and baste with the marinade in a 350-degree oven.