Noel Nut Balls
Mrs. Kostyra's noel nut balls have been a Kostyra family favorite for as long as Martha can remember.
Martha Stewart Living Television
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon bourbon or orange juice
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (best if chopped by hand)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and honey until fluffy. Add bourbon, and beat to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pecans, confectioners' sugar, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and beat to combine. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats (French nonstick baking mats) or parchment paper. Roll the dough, 2 teaspoons at a time, into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them. Bake until brown around the edges, 12 to 13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Roll in confectioners' sugar to coat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.