Green Beans and Mushroom Saute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 ounces portobello mushroom caps, cleaned, halved, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook, stirring, until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and green beans. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender, 7 to 10 minutes. If any liquid remains, raise heat, and cook until it evaporates.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.