Cauliflower Soup with Balsamic Onions and Wilted Lettuce
This recipe is from "Raw" by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein.
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups filtered water
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dehydrated Balsamic Lettuce (http://www.marthastewart.com/254615/dehydrated-balsamic-lettuce)
- Dehydrated Balsamic Onions (http://www.marthastewart.com/258408/dehydrated-balsamic-onions)
- In a high-speed blender, combine cauliflower, oil, vinegar, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth and thick. Pass through a medium sieve. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls. Arrange lettuce and red onion slices around the bowl, and spoon on some of the reserved onion marinating juices. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.