Pears Glazed with Maple Syrup
When shopping for pears, press gently on the stem end. A ripe pear will give slightly.
Martha Stewart Living
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 Comice pears (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine cream and cardamom and whip until cream holds soft peaks. Refrigerate, covered.
- Quarter, core, and peel pears. Cut quarters in half and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange pears in skillet and cook on one side until pears just begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Add maple syrup and cook until pears are tender, about 1 minute more. Turn pears and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and allow pears to cool slightly. Transfer to bowls and serve warm, topped with whipped cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.